THE ADVANTAGES OF MEMBERSHIP
The first advantage of membership is ensuring that you get notification of Adam Smith Club Dinners & Functions. Those who do not join or renew will not receive regular mailings.
The second advantage is discount prices to club events.
The third advantage, and the most satisfying, is that of knowing you are part of the intellectual fight for individual freedom and responsibility.
THE CLUB OBJECTIVES
The Australian Adam Smith Club (Melbourne) was formed in 1983, to promote and explore the further understanding of the principles and works of Adam Smith and like minded thinkers.
Members of the club take an uncompromising stand in the support of:
– private property
– freedom of contract
– freedom from coercion by others
– freedom of trade and enterprise in the market, both domestically and internationally
– freedom of the individual within the framework of minimal government activity
– freedom of movement of capital and labour throughout the world
Further, the Club has been formed to publicise the dangers to our civilisation of the consequences of the failure to promote the principles of freedom in the battle of ideas.
Membership is welcomed and is opened to any person who will support the objects of the Club as outlined above.
SUBSCRIPTIONS (to 31 December)
Individual…….$30 per year
Family ………….$40 per year
Corporate……$100 per year
* Family and Corporate – the named member on the form is the voting member at any Club General Meeting and the one who will receive Club Notices.
The Form should be completed so we have the Membership Details – you then are sent to the TryBooking payment page for online payment. If you wish to pay by person or by cheque download the Renewal/Join from here and either mail/email or hand to our Hon Secretary at the next dinner meeting.